Today I wish to introduce to you some of the successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Area), which is oriented towards the famous Warcraft 3 - Map "Protection of the Ancients".
For individuals who never played DotA (are there any?) and who don't know the game idea I'll clarify it intimately:
League of Legends does not put high requirements in your PCs. You need at the least:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.zero capable video card, - 750 MB free arduous disk area, - DSL or similar
Create an account both on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, relying on the place you live. You can even create an account on US whereas dwelling in Europe however you'll expertise larger pings then. I give you a link to create an account in my creator's bio. Select a name (all the time the toughest half) and a pleasant image and off you go!
There are 2 teams 5 players (there are more game modes, but they aren't vital in the beginning because as a newbie it is best to start with 5vs5 to study the gameplay). Earlier than each match you all choose a "champion" who's the character you wish to use in battle. Dependant in your personal preferendes it may be e.g. an undead mage, an enormous granite golem, just a little boy using on a Yeti, a brave knight and many more.All in all there are more than 80 (!) different champions and each second week one is added.
Every champions has 4 completely different skills (three normal and one extra strong, the "Final") and a passive, which he has because the beginning. You learn the skills by leveling up ingame and your max champion stage is 18 which implies that you have 5 factors in every normal potential and three in your ultimate.
You obtain experience for levelling up by:
1. Being close to when enemy minions or neutral monsters are killed by your troops (it is not necessary to kill them your self!)
2. killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
To start with you typically play whatever you want, later it is helpful to communicate with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you have a balanced setup and not 5 champions of the same kind.
The different kinds of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means capacity energy, they mainly deal magical harm with their abilities)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Injury, they mainly deal physical damage with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are exhausting to kill and shield their own carries, for instance by gorgeous or taunting the enemies)
4. Helps (They have either buffs or heals to assist their carries and hold them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't start in the lane however in the jungle and support their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The interesting point is: Depending on the items you equip in your champions they are typically able to satisfy different roles!
At first you do not have personal champions, but every week there are 10 free ones which everybody can use. After some matches you can buy more champions with influence points (IP) in the shop. I'll come to this later.
The map has three completely different lanes, which lead from your individual to the enemy base. On these lanes there are several Towers which you could destroy earlier than you can attack the base itself. As a help your predominant building ("Nexus") spawns minion waves briefly intervals which enable you to in fights. Between the lanes there may be the "jungle", the place impartial monsters are located. In case you kill those you receive gold and/or temporary buffs.
As quickly as the match begins everyone has a couple of minute to spend his beginning capital on objects within the shop.
This doesn't take lengthy since you do not have a lot gold within the beginning. There are other ways to earn gold in the game:
1. Everybody receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or neutral monsters (here it is important to give them the ultimate blow, the so referred to as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or aiding to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are several items which grant you further income (the so called gold/5 items -> they provide you 1 gold every 5 seconds)
If you destroy the enemy major constructing (Nexus) your team wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, nevertheless, it's a must to destroy all three towers and the inhibitor on at the least one lane and the 2 towers which protect the Nexus. So it's not the perfect thought to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 in the event you don't push the lanes at the identical time. An average match takes 30-forty five minutes, hardly ever more than an hour. As quickly as the match reaches minute 20 it is usually possible to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a fairly new domination map ("Dominion") the place you need to capture and defend sure points. As well as there are ranked modes for players with summoner stage 30 (explanation follows) through which you receive an Elo depend depending in your wins and losses. For rookies I highly suggest the normal 5vs5 map!
League of Legends also has an RPG part. You don't solely select a name and an image for your self (you are a so known as "summoner", don't shirt league of legends
mix it up with the "champions") but you might be also able to level up yourself and buy small buffs with Influence Factors (IP).